Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,888Gear list
Like?
Documentary Landscape technique
Feb 23, 2013

I used to hike for scenery, but it wasn't the most efficient use of time/energy. Then I started pulling over and shooting from the driver's window. But with fuel being so costly I've begun shooting Landscapes of TV nature documentaries. I've heard of the documentary landscape before, but never realized what it actually meant (until now).

I'm not sure the E-M5 is the best tool for the job. . . there's the E-M5 LaCA and LoCA to deal with, but even with Lumix lenses I don't mind the little bit it takes to clean that up.. But how does one compensate for the CA in the documentary? Should I be looking into the D7100? Has anyone tried this with the E-PL1?

I presume for the Exdeejjjaaaa Sensor a 42" LCD TV is an adequate pairing (using a tripod and staying at ISO 200, naturally).  What do you use?

Any thoughts, and your home landscape experiences, would be welcome. I've written to DXO several times asking for a module to help with this, but so far I haven't heard back from them.
-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Nikon D7100 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow