Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
awgk
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: Help between Lightroom 4 and Oloeno PhotoEngine
In reply to Peter O pics, Feb 23, 2013

Peter O pics wrote:

I use both LR4 and Olone.

I have found LR4 does a great job on most images but I also agree with many that fine leaf detail can be softened and hope Adobe find a fix as I do not wish to trial and buy more software and yes I have read the many posts about the alternate raw software so I hope the rabid posters leave this alone.

I have found Oloneo opens and processes the RAF files from my X-E1 well, and provided you do not overdo the HDR intensity the images look fine but.... the noise and some RAF files do have noise is magnified by the HDR process. At this point I have not taken multiple images of the same subject so I have not been able to use the DE NOISE function in Oloneo, it may work. It would be great if Oloneo added some standard noise reduction so that you could use single images.

Another problem using Oloneo to edit RAF files is that CA's are extreme.

So I find both LR4 and Oloneo to be good with the RAF files. I would get the LR4 first as the Highlight and shadow sliders work very well to increase the apparent DR and then you can apply some contrast to bring some punch back into the image, and LR4 does not seem to show the noise as much and if I do need to use the luminance noise slider I find a value of 20 to 30 in an ISO 3200 image sufficient, and the CA filter works very well. Also LR4 has many other tools to enhance your images.

LR4 edit, has less noise and low CA's in treeline

Oloneo edit has more noise and extreme CA's in treeline

Very helpful post with the comparision photos.

awgk's gear list:awgk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow