Is storing photo gear in a portable cooler acceptable?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,034
Like?
Re: Is storing photo gear in a portable cooler acceptable?
In reply to wklee, Feb 23, 2013

wklee wrote:

I have been thinking about getting a cooler box as a means to put my photo gear in them. I have concerns about heat and was previously advised against putting anything in the car's trunk or glove box because of the heat. There are some large sized coolers that I am considering.

Is this a good idea? Another advantage is that it would look inconspicuous.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.

Not such a bad idea but be certain to put a decent sized bag of silica gel in with it and make sure that it never gets moisture in it.  Moisture in sealed plastic can be a real mongrel on camera gear and glass fungus will flourish.  Even a cooler will warm up but at least it will make temperature changes gradual except when you are opening it.  DON'T put ice or ice packs in with your gear (duh) because of condensation and moisture.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow