Thinking about Minolta 28-70 F2.8 G, went with TAMRON SP 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
arie
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
Re: Thinking about Minolta 28-70 F2.8 G, went with TAMRON SP 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD
In reply to op1318, Feb 23, 2013

op1318 wrote:

Yes, the Tamron 28-75 is a good overall performer, if you get a good copy, especially useful when mounted on a FF body. With the A77 only, I think I would have bought the Tamron 17-50 instead, which seems a very good lens also. I only have one other Tamron lens, the 180 f:3.5 macro which is one of my favorite lenses, I really love this one!

I've had good luck with Tamron lenses so far. I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Never tried the 17-50mm - maybe next on my list if I can find at a good price.

A lot of people talk about finding a "good copy". How can you tell if you got a bad copy? What does a bad copy do besides not being in focus? Loose focus rings, etc?

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow