D 7100 6 shot Raw Buffer IMO D400 still coming

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
JimPearce
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,392Gear list
Like?
No, this isn't quite right...
In reply to Franglais91, Feb 23, 2013

The spec says nothing about stalling - just buffer size. The D7100 can process about twice as fast as the D7000 (from IR):

"The Nikon D7100 stores images on dual Secure Digital card slots, as did its predecessor. There's an important change, though. They're still compatible with the higher-capacity SDHC / SDXC cards, and the higher-speed UHS-I cards, but the latter have the potential for much greater speed. That's because the UHS-I mode supports a clock frequency of 198 MHz, versus just 81 MHz in the D7000. That allows a maximum transmission speed of 99 MB/second, versus the D7000's 40.5 MB/second. You'll need a UHS104-compatible card to support this speed, though."

Yes, the buffer is about the same size as the D7000's. The buffer fills up more quickly because there's roughly 50% more data per shot. The only silver lining here is that should also empty in just over half the time. I think the D7000 takes 9 seconds to empty, so say 5 seconds. The jpeg buffering is improved due to better compression in the new jpeg engines.

Anyway, we'll need to see how this all plays out in testing.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimPearce's gear list:JimPearce's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow