FZ150 to FZ200 upgrade? But what about the 250?

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ANAYV
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,865
Like?
Re: FZ150 to FZ200 upgrade? But what about the 250?
In reply to Stephen McDonald, Feb 23, 2013

Stephen McDonald wrote:

I'm expecting to see the so-called "1/1.7-inch" sensors on several brands of superzoom cameras this year. I think that Sony will be the first to do this and Panasonic may have a new model earlier than usual, so they won't miss the opportunity to compete for new customers. There's many who may have avoided the too-small sensors of the past, but could have more interest with this change.

-- hide signature --

Steve McDonald
My Flickr Album
My Vimeo Video Album
My Places on Google Earth Click on My Places on Skydrive

I dont see Panasonic doing this at all.They just chose to go a bit smaller sensor in the LX7, to get the faster glass....that size sensor would make the camera a bit bigger.Look at the FZ30/50, with only half the zoom range.They had a 1/1.7" sensor.

They are putting 18.3 MP on the small sensor, with TZ40/ZS30...and I think Sony just came out with a 50x zoom at 18 or 20MP...but again with smaller sensor.

I highly doubt it will happen this time around.They will probably be temted to extend the zoom range, and if so....it's small sensor , for sure.

These aren't my hopes or dreams, just the trend I see Panny going , for the next FZ.

ANAYV

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow