Olympus better hurry

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bobby J
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,758Gear list
Like?
Re: APSC OVF DEAD, no way!?
In reply to pris, Feb 23, 2013

Pris, the E-5 was obsolete when it came out.  I was able to test an early one at a local show and compare it to my E-30 and I was very disappointed.  It simply isn't much ahead of the E-30.  I eventually got an E-5 and it is a little better in IQ than the 30 but not nearly as much as I think it should be.  Basically you have a camera that is using 5 yr. old sensor technology.  That doesn't mean it can't make good photos, and I have plenty to prove that.  However you are still handicapped in some areas where I would like to be able to work..from time to time.

I was really looking forward to the E-5 because I anticipated a camera that would far exceed my E-30's IQ but it didn't.  Finally, with the EM-5 we are seeing sensor tech that appears to be about as good as anything else.  They are saying there is going to be some kind of new camera that apparently utilizes some of this for us 4:3 shooters.  HOORAY!  It's about time.

There is no mention of anything else for 4:3 however.  It's pretty obvious to me there is not going to be anything else, so as time goes buy I think if you want to be "state of the art" you are going to be forced to go to M4:3.  I can deal with that as long as I can use the 4:3 lenses, and I might add some M4:3 stuff too at some point.

-- hide signature --

BJM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow