Photo Tutorial Posted on Youtube - C&C Much Appreciated!

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,314Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo Tutorial Posted on Youtube - C&C Much Appreciated!
In reply to englishman, Feb 23, 2013

englishman wrote:

Roman Medvid wrote:

hey Mr E )

The whole idea of your video is great. Screw with Auto mode!

But:

1. Killing the Auto, you kinda set up your own Mr. E's Auto: no wide aperture, no high iso... Maybe it's always good to mention that it all depends on the vision of photographer. Maybe I want a shallow depth of field.

I could talk about using f2 and shooting wide open for a blurred background and shooting at ISO 3200 . . . but I'm simply trying to give people who shoot auto all the time what I consider a better way. And honestly, I don't care for most high ISO shots with the t4i. I think they lose too much important detail. This is simply my own opinion. I know many disagree with me. But my ISO 3200 shots are just too soft for my liking, especially after I apply a bit of noise reduction.

Lightroom does a great job to balance sharpness and noise redux sliders the best

the natural blazing sharpness of the 100L trumps noise

use f2.2 versus f2

both olga and I leave our auto iso on 6400 max

here are some iso 6400 and 3200 shots without flash with sharp lenses from the 18 mpxl sensor

direct flash would ruin these shots

as I said, the only flash that looks good is where one makes flash look like light from a side window, or gently fills racoon eyes and adds catch lights to the eyes

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50731789

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow