Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gerry Winterbourne
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,463
Like?
Re: Hi, can I play too?? :-)
In reply to ilikespam, Feb 23, 2013

ilikespam wrote:

please C&C so I can improve my skills.

they are straight from the camera jpgs with cropping. I have DNG versions too, but don't know how to PP!

I'll do another reply about basic PP.  Just C&C here.  Remember there's no "right" and "wrong" - just opinions.  Some of my comments, for example, are different from Dean's.

For #1 I do agree with Dean that it would have been better to move across to use the green as a background.  With the shot as it is I'd crop away the left-hand side to the tips of the yellow spikes, because the OOF bits down the side add nothing.

For #2 I quite like the contrast between the sharp, pale flower and the dark, blurred background. I have no problem with showing only part of a flower but here I think you've taken too much of the bottom.  Also, if possible, I'd have moved viewpoint to avoid the OOF white flowerbehind the sharp one.

With #3 the main problem is exposure.  You used -1EV but the background highlights are still clipped.  I'd have used -2EV; but that would have made the flowers very dark, which is where PP comes in ...

-- hide signature --

Gerry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DeanNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow