Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TiagoReil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,514Gear list
Like?
Contax G adapter recomendation
Feb 23, 2013

Just an hour ago I bought I Contax G 90mm f/2.8. I did it in a rush. A local seller (I live in argentina customs a bitch, buying local is always a plus) and for a bit less than the ebay prize. He confirmed the price, and it took me no more than 30 seconds to click the purchase button.

So, now I need an adapter. I know, I an search. I already did, but a lot appears. I will be buying through ebay. I know that there are 2 top players there. The kipon (aprox 100 dollars) and the metabones (aprox 130 dollars, and generally shipping is more expensive).

Also, I remember reading someone that thought that one was better for certain contax G lenses, and better for others. I dont know if that is somethign actually true.

So, what is the general consensus on the adapters? which is the recommendation for the 90mm specially? IS there a cheaper alternative of at least near quality?

Also, is there a way to test the lens withoug the adapter? I plan to make a "bellows" with black cardboard to test it is clean (you know, put it inside, move the lens back and forward to focus, etc. Is there any pin, something to move, totest at least manually that the focus moves?

Aperture is on the lens, so I doubt there should be a problem testing that. Also any other test that I could perform?

Thanks in advance.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow