Now here is an honest review of the DP2 Merrill..

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,172Gear list
Like?
Re: Big ticket guy
In reply to RonJG, Feb 23, 2013

People disagree with each other's opinions, but I don't think it is necessary for anyone to be trashing anyone else here.

We can all agree to disagree politely. There is no core group running the Sigma forum, just an assorted group of people that really like the foveon technology.

I just don't understand these personal attacks.

I for one love photography and really hope that you and others can tone down this back and forth stuff.  Post some images. Go shoot some fun stuff.

Photography is the world"s number one hobby.  Its supposed to be enjoyable.

No need for anyone to carry an ax to grind.  Personal opinions are welcome here, but personal attacks against others are just not the right way.  I've slipped on the banana peel down that rabbit hole too many times to know that it doesn't make your life or anyone else's better.  Just be kind hearted--you'll make life long friends here.

You can't  judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes---You can try--but the shoes will NEVER fit on your feet!----¬©2013 Gary Dean Mercer Clark

RonJG wrote:

Laurence Matson wrote:

RonJG wrote:

SandyF wrote:

RonJG wrote:

SandyF wrote:

I wouldn't call him a professional "reviewer" ... he's an amateur photographer user of various brands with some comments on his blog. BTW he used to post here frequently, but I haven't noticed him around lately.

FWIW, I find his coloration on posted photos on the blog are... somewhat weird. Like he's trying to do HDR ..or use "Foveon blue" setting LOL. That's not what comes from the camera around the Pacific coast, Half Moon Bay, etc. unless he's doing something really strange with his processing. He's based around Stanford Univ. area I recall (student? I don't remember). Also FWIW I shot directly into the sun with the DP2Merrill at Carmel at sunset and did not get 'spots.' He had to try really hard ... or pick the worst photo... to get that effect as on his blog.

FWIW too here are my photos from the same Pacific coast area last August. Many are DP2Merrill; others are Canon 5DII, couple with original DP1/DP2 cameras

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann/sets/72157631359840500/

Best regards, Sandy
http://www.pbase.com/sandyfleischman (archival)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann (current)

His work leaves your efforts for dead.

Deal with it.

Sticks and stones.

I don't see life ... or photography... as a competition.
I'm amused by your efforts to "trash" people who like their Sigma cameras.

I trash people who are bullies and are dishonest.

Deal with it.

I am sure you do. Which leads me to conclude that the household mirror-replacement costs in your abode must be astounding. Good business for someone though.

Take care mate!

Your conclusion is entirely fantasy and totally misplaced, Mister Matson.

Might I suggest a dose of decency for you, tid?

-- hide signature --

Gary Dean Mercer Clark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow