ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DC Alford
DC Alford MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,113Gear list
Like?
P880 flowers....
Feb 23, 2013

A continuation of the Kodak flower pics theme, this time just from the P880.

I remember the P880 produced a more realistic & natural saturation, & contrast level on standard settings, compared to my C875....

I've always thought that P880 pics seemed to have a certain quality that was hard to put your finger on. Maybe it was the rich though not overly saturated color that gave the illusion of more dynamic range(more tolerant of color clipping)?...Maybe it was the lens that added just the right contrast to the color?...Or maybe it was just the magic of color science?

Whatever it was, there is something subtle about the pics that I've not seen in any other "compact" camera, & I've never been able to put my finger on it.

I see a distinct quality in other Kodak cameras too(& some other mfg's cams as well). The C875, DX6490, DX7590, etc., each have their own look but it isn't the same as the P880.

Thanks for looking.

Dan.

DC Alford's gear list:DC Alford's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD950 IS Nikon Coolpix P3 +1 more
Kodak EasyShare C875
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow