Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,879Gear list
Like?
Center Spot Metering
In reply to valipe, Feb 23, 2013

valipe wrote:

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

Like any camera, A57 has its strength and weakness. As a photographer you should learn to handle it. In my assessment A57 has two glaring weakness: 1) agressive auto ISO (jack up ISO too soon), 2) prone to mis-focus and lack of any adjustment access. The second problem could be solved when you shop your camera carefully, the fist problem can be solved by using more manual ISO, that's what the EVF is good for (you see the preview of exposure). If you do the right thing A57 will reward you with nice images, even in low light.

Great pictures. Here are mine. Same people, same position, one has ISO 1250, one ISO 1600.

Big Windows, plenty of light, as it can be seen.

Plenty of light perception is due to Center Spot Metering in use. The brightness value of the scene otherwise looks typical of the indoors (+2 or so). This also explains the 1/3 stop difference in ISO as the composition is different just enough for it.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow