Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 14,425
Like?
Re: Just Released...Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List
In reply to AlCrawford, Feb 22, 2013

AlCrawford wrote:

Kanji wrote:

$2199?? That is about the same as the Canon 6d. Why not just put a 36x24 sensor and jump the price up to match the Nikon d600,and leave all the other 7D features intact. To me,this what they should have done in the first place. In doing so, instead of having a dust prone camera like the Nikon D600,Canon would have had a true hot selling winner and avoid have to match noise with a full frame sensor,which is a pie in the sky marketing claim to start with. They really missed the boat on that one IMHO.

I want a professional version with a crop sensor. I do both wildlife and sports photography and the crop sensor acts like a tel-convertor for me, and a lot of other people. They really would miss the boat if they made it full-frame.

They won't.  Any 7D successor will be APS-C.  The 6D is the entry-level full-frame; there really isn't much room between this and the 5DIII.  I can't see Canon creating yet another full-frame body - it would have to fit between the 5DIII and 1Dx.

There are a lot of people like me out there. BTW - I would really like for the camera to not have a built in flash. That would make for a bettor build.

For that you'll need to go to one of the full-frame bodies.  I doubt Canon is going to ditch the built-in flash on the 7D series, which also doubles as the built-in wireless flash trigger.

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow