A57 and A700

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
hpeter
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Re: A57 and A700
In reply to whitebird, Feb 22, 2013

I've used the A700 for about 3 years, then I bought the A57 last September and then sold the A700 within a week.

While the A700 was sturdy and an always reliable workhorse, the A57 feels lighter and faster. I was worried about missing the rear dial, but I got used to handling the A57 by now. It has better noise performance, very quiet shutter, and I also like the EVF. The DRO implementation is waaaay better than on the A700. It also has a lot of bells and whistles, which I don't use often, like face recognition, smile shutter (takes the picture when it detects a smile...), and a bunch of picture effects. They are cool but not for me.

The fun-factor is a lot higher than on the A700, due to live view on the back LCD, video, and the articulating LCD.

Not too long ago, I held a Nikon D800, and for me (I repeat - FOR ME) it felt heavy and old.

The 10FPS is nice too

It can shoot video, so if you are interested, it's there. I shot a few, but never really did anything with those footages, as editing video into some usable slide show or something requires time I don't have.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow