Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eviled
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Sorry for this, but 800, or 800e?
Feb 22, 2013

I've recently been victim to a forced upgrade incident, and am wondering which would work better for me? I will be doing some traveling this year, so landscapes are definitely in the future. I also go to lots of airshows. I used to like high frame rates but, I've stopped spraying and work more heavily on the composition instead. That little change has grabbed me a LOT more keepers, so I'm not worried about 4fps. As far as moire goes, I'm not concerned about that either. I may do some cityscapes, but it's rare when I do. Clothing patterns aren't going to be an issue either. I will be doing some portraits soon, but those probably won't have the patterns that cause the issues I've seen.

I also want to use it for astro-photography, and that is my main concern.  I've read the lack of AA filter sharpens things up a bit, but I've seen it mentioned that it also has some CA to deal with. While, I'm sure I could shag it out pp, I'd honestly rather avoid that step.

If this is a simple question that is discussed ad nauseum, I apologize. I posted this question over at the ap forum, and got crickets chirping as an answer. Also, my google-fu has been weak lately, and I couldn't find an answer pertaining to this particular subject. Anywhere. Thanks for any help.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow