SHood
Senior MemberPosts: 3,903Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D Exactly as its only $1200 so in 70D price point
In reply to Daniel Clune, Feb 22, 2013

Daniel Clune wrote:

Wyville wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

Clearly the Nikon is aimed at the 60D/70D price point range. Only now after many years is the current 7D at around $1200 so any new 7D will be at least $500 MORE. So of course it should be better equipped.

Yes, but what I meant was that I hope the 7D will go up in segment like the 5DmkII to 5DmkIII. What I would love is to see a real APS-C 1DX. Extra focus on getting the AF right, tracking, metering, customizations, those things that are important for use rather than looking nice on the box. Than they can price it between $2,000 and $2,500 and that way the 70D can once again be like the 50D (rather than the rebelized 60D).

Yes I agree but all I can say is the 60D will need some decent upgrades to compete against the Nikon D7100. Not sure canon will put that kind of focus system into a 70D.

-- hide signature --

It'll be interesting to see if Canon reserves their previous decision with the XXD series.  The 60D actually when down from the 50D in class, including price.  If they decide to do the opposite with the 70D then they might need to do the same with the T4i replacement too.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YawnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow