ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Duskbat
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
d7000 - d7100 viewfinder VS 6d - 5dm3
Feb 22, 2013

Hi

I have questions about the d7100 viewfinder. I have a canon t2i and the viewfinder is a pentamirror type. I find it dull, dark, and grainy to look into. The camera is nice tho.

My dad got a canon 6d that he returned then got a 5dm3 and I looked into his viewfinders on these cameras and WOW they are so bright and crystal clear unlike my t2i. I have never seen this type of viewfinder before.

I looked into this and learned the pentaprism is on these 2 high end canon products and it is a feature i would value.

Now I would like to be a nikon guy and im looking at the d7100 as my 1st nikon dslr and im very excited about this camera and I am 90% sure i will get this camera over the canon 6d or a nex6. Today i was in best buy because its raining real bad here and I was stuck inside for a bit. I asked to see the d7000 and I was disappointed that the d7000 had the same type of look in the viewfinder as my t2i being dark grainy and dull. I thought the d7000 was also a pentaprism and should have the same clarity as the canon cameras I mentioned above. The sales guy gave me a 6d to look thru and i notice how much brighter it was then the d7000. the Canon was so loud with clarity and brightness.  (edit to say i did play with aperture and achieved the same results

Is the d7000 a pentamirror? Will the d7100 have the pentaprism clarity as the canon 6d? What is the difference i notice. Am i correct to assume to get the super clear pentaprism effect i am after its gonna cost lots more$$ for a more high end camera with a higher grade viewfinder?

:-DThank you very much. I hope I made myself clear here. I look forward to response!

I will leave you all with a nice photo I took as a gift for the time and responce!

Owl from animal refuge. he had a fight and hurt his eye. sony tx55

Duskbat's gear list:Duskbat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Apple iPhone 5s
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Who.New
NeatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow