Nikon AF 24mm F2.8 non-D versus D. Have you used both?

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
tedandtricia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,088Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon AF 24mm F2.8 non-D versus D. Have you used both?
In reply to irobinso, Feb 22, 2013

irobinso wrote:

So far no one appears to have mentioned a not uncommon problem with dslrs not matching up with lenses. That is, the image being slightly out of autofocus, but when checked on manual focus being "under" or "overfocus" (microscopists are very familiar with this focusing technique). It can be unusual for a newly acquired lens (old or new) to be perfectly sharp owing to tolerances in the manufacture and calibration of both cameras and lenses. The technique of lens alignment is very well explained and remedied in the site below:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/are_your_pictures_out_of_focus.shtml

This may relieve a lot of expense and frustration in hunting for the "perfect lens" .

Good Luck, DPR.

Great article, thanks for posting it. I've read about having a Nikon service center do it for you, but an affordable DIY solution sounds more affordable in the long run.

I have the same need for a good indoors lens on DX. This older 24 mm f/2.8 sounds like a decent value. I may have to check it out myself.

tedandtricia's gear list:tedandtricia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow