NEED SOME HELP WITH LENS SELECTION

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeadm
Contributing MemberPosts: 623Gear list
Like?
Re: I didn't like the super zoom
In reply to Answell, Feb 22, 2013

Well if you don't mind a two lens solution like the Tammy 17-50 plus a telephoto 55-300 or whatever it's always ideal for IQ vs the superzoom.  You sounded like you wanted a jack-of-all-trades lens, now you're veering back to two lenses...LOL, reminds me of me actually.

I didn't want to go superzoom at first because of the IQ compromises.  Ultimately I ended up getting one for practical purposes (1 lens to carry, not able to easily make lens changes), had two newborns in the span of 15 months so I was trying to simplify a bit.  I held out for a long time before getting one, and bought what I felt was the best one available at the time (Sigma 18-250 DC OS HSM).  I don't regret the buy, it's a very nice lens for what it does (firmware hassles aside) and would have done the same thing again.

Jeadm's gear list:Jeadm's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Sony SLT-A57 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow