X2 v. Sony RX1

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ekaton
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Re: X2 v. Sony RX1
In reply to laurencewayne, Feb 22, 2013

One of the best FF sensors, higher resolution, f2.0 Sonnar with superb rendering, true close up capability, aperture ring on lens barrell, MF ring on lens barrell, MF focus peaking, exposure comp dial, programable c button (eg for iso change on the fly), superior build with an all metal body and lens barrell, state of the art lcd screen, better EVF, slightly faster AF (both are not really fast) all clearly speak for the RX1. In my opinion, the RX1 runds circles around the X2. The X2 was too little too late and funny enough has a pretty decent last generation Sony sensor unter the hood. I'm even of the opinion that the X1 beats the X2 in pure IQ. Sony innovated with he RX1 and sets the new benchmark for premium compacts, Leica tried to slow down falling X1 sales with the not convincing X2.

And yes, I do own and use Leicas: M9, MP and still X1 (would sell the X1 if prices were not so ridiculously low). With a price below the one for a Summicron asph 35mm, I even prefer the little Sony over the M9/Summicron combo.

ekaton's gear list:ekaton's gear list
Ricoh GR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow