D 7100 6 shot Raw Buffer IMO D400 still coming

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Franglais91
Regular MemberPosts: 195Gear list
Like?
No way and forget the 7DMk2 as well
In reply to Stusteelhead, Feb 22, 2013

When Nikon phase out a product line they introduce a boosted version of the next model underneath that is almost as good but not quite.

We saw this with the high-end pro DX models. The DX-format D2X gave way to the FX-format D3. And the DX-format D200 was packed with D3 features to make the D300. A hugely successful - but temporary - DX pro camera.

Now the D300 has gone and been replaced with the D800 as lower-end pro camera. And we see the D7000 being packed with the 51-point autofocus, weather sealing etc. from the upper models - while still remaining a pro-am camera.

Forget the D400. It will never happen.

Canon's recent strategy has been to clone the most successful cameras in each segment, better if possible:

Nikon D300 gives Canon D7

Nikon D4 gives Canon D1X

Sony NEX gives Canon M

But if there is no D400 that means no 7DMk2, but a 70D which is a D7100 equivalent.

BTW - I hope I'm wrong for all the people out there who are hoping for a D400 or whatever. But well - my scenario is horribly believable..

Franglais91's gear list:Franglais91's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow