DXO Pro hanging

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,757
Like?
Re: DXO Pro hanging
In reply to Truman Prevatt, Feb 22, 2013

Truman Prevatt wrote:

That's what I did when I figured out where they were. That solved it. I like DXO as a raw converter. However, I'm not that impressed with the program as a piece of software. Things like hanging in file management should not happen in this day and age.

This can and does happen to lots of software packages. The preference file can either get messed up or simply get corrupt. Not so easy to figure for a developer writing the program I guess. You kind of rely on certain basic things to work. It's also a standard trick to reset and troubleshot issues.

However, I am back up and running so I guess that is all that matters.

Thanks for your input.

Truman

ebfrasse wrote:

Truman Prevatt wrote:

IMac running Mountain Loin

I set up the output folder with DXO Pro 8. Somehow it got confused and blew the error that the

folder didn't exist and gave the name of the folder it was looking for. I changed the folder name - still same error and it implies it is still looking for the original folder. I changed the output to the default (where it got the raw images) still same error. It seems to be hung somehow. So I quite DXO Pro and started over - still same error with the same folder name.

I blew DXO away and moved the raw data to a different folder. I tired again - still the same error with the same file name.

If anyone uses DXO and has had a similar problem I would like to know how you reset DXO so it would not hang when I try to output a tiff image.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

You can try to remove (copy them somewhere else) the DxO preference files from ~/Library/Preferences and then start DxO again.

-- hide signature --

Mikael

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow