Quality of Light (studio strobes, speedlites)

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
john g
Regular MemberPosts: 394
Like?
Re: Metallic? Hooey!
In reply to Barrie Davis, Feb 22, 2013

To the point, ask yourself this:
-
In any Main and opposite side Fill lighting situation, what would be the difference between filling with a card versus filling with a light? Assuming that the amount of fills are similar, what differences would you expect to see within the two shadow areas?
-
You wrote:
-
"Personally, I would NOT trust the eye of somebody who couldn't pin down what they saw to something rather less vapid than a term like "metallic color," thanks. Indeed, as soon as I hear the weakness of that kind of use of words, I know they have given up on making any real sense, and are just talking out of their bum!"
-
There is no need to denigrate the OP. I filled in the word he was looking for and he went on to say, "the subjects looks better and have a good texture definition." We can allow and respond to that assuming he has eyes and there really is a difference. He doesn't have to be an expert photographer to evaluate those qualities in side by side examples of his own work.
-
Regarding his "known photographer", Joey L. http://www.joeyl.com/  this guy knows what he's doing. He has obviously mastered the craft and at such a young age! If I were searching for answers, I would gladly take anything he has to say and incorporate it into my own knowledge.
-
We all appreciate all the info you impart to this forum but perhaps you went over the top on this one.
-
Peace.

Do you care to answer my question?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
+2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow