Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phoman
Contributing MemberPosts: 842
Like?
Just for studio work...
Feb 22, 2013

going from D800 to D3x would not be downgrade? I pretty much made up my mind to sell D800 even after being back from Nikon service though it is better now it still has focus issues. I so love my D4 best camera ever, love the color, dynamic range, speed and focus accuracy better then my trusty D3s! With 85mm 1.4g shooting at f 1.4 the focus accuracy on D800 was like 50/50 even after this camera came back from nikon repare though it is much better now still not how I believe this $3000 camera should work. I crave for a little bit more resolution the D4 provides and think that 24mp of D3x would be a very sweet spot and also looks like this camera has been proved to be very reliable in every aspect?

Also yesterday I just tried to use the 85mm shooting only at f1.4 on both the D4 and D800 as I was playing with my little girl, just to see how many keeps I will have out of this 2 camera and again it was more like 50/50 on D800 and on D4 every shot is razor sharp. So anyone having D800 and D3x can help me out here?

Thank you so much

-Yuriy

Bellow is D4 with 85mm lens shot at F1.4 just loving it!!

Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow