Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 11,249Gear list
Like?
Is it reasonable ...
Feb 22, 2013

1. To expect the 70D to have the 19 pt.  AF cross sensor array from the aging 7D ?

2.  and that the hi iso may be lifted just a  bit from native 6400...to maybe 8000 or ..even 12800...as the top FF now boasts 200k iso...and 50K iso is certainly usable for small prints or web use...therefor, if the sensor gets to within 1 or 1.3 stops of the FF...it just MIGHT have 12800 native iso ??

3.  And later, the 7D...with faster frame rate, gps, wi-fi...which items are not of much interest to me...sorta like Nikon did...leave off the latest techno goodies...and keep the essentials together w/a good price and small body size.

Why ? ...because I'd hate to get the D7100...which looks attractive, then have the 70D come with the specs I described in #1 and 2 above just a short time later.

So, is it reasonable ?

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow