D 7100 6 shot Raw Buffer IMO D400 still coming

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ron wrucke
Contributing MemberPosts: 950
Like?
Re: Only 12 in lossless 12 bit...
In reply to JimPearce, Feb 22, 2013

JimPearce wrote:

Again, not a problem for spring songbirds, waders in the early morning etc.. But this will be a temporary specialty body for me. Looks like both the D300 and D300s will have a little brother.

-- hide signature --

Jim

I'll tell you what; I'm looking pretty seriously at the D7100 although there is no way I'm going to be an early adopter like I was when I pre-ordered my D300.   At $1200, the D7100 is a lot of camera, and in that "extra crop mode", all of a sudden my Sigma Bigma goes from 750mm to 1000mm with a few more pixels than I now have.  I've always said I can easily live with 16MP so I'm sure I could get by with 15.3 as well.   For action photography, I use 12-bit now so I'm not going to miss what I never used (I use 14-bit for portraits, landscapes and flash).   If I can't capture a BIF in 10-12 shots, it's going to be out of range anyway and I can easily live with 7 fps.  I'm very curious re. high-ISO performance and how the camera will operate w/o the AA filter and my Bigma at the long end .. I may be at 1000mm but defraction may kill me .. ??

.. and I'll miss my AF-On button ..

.. why is Nikon torturing us .. <g>

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow