Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BlueTrain
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
INFRARED and flash photography
Feb 22, 2013

I have a feeling this is a really daft question, but i'm going to ask it anyway....!

Is there any benefit to using a normal flash (in this case a canon speedlite) in combination with an infrared filter?

I am using the hoya r72 on a 5d mk2 and usually for landscape shots, but I want to try it out on still life/macro. I usually take macro shots indoors with the canon 100mm macro (non L version) but with exposure times for landscape work even on a bright sunny day often getting up to 30 seconds or more i'm guessing it will be almost impossible to use the filter indoors even with the macro lens wide open?

So my question is, would adding flash help at all? I'm not really much of an expert with how infrared light works... does the flash unit itself emit infrared light or is what needs to be reflected from the subject (is the same thing?)

Anyone tried taking indoor macro shots with an infrared filter? Any advice gratefully recieved

Thanks

Tom

Canon EOS 5D Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow