Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Answell
Contributing MemberPosts: 914Gear list
Like?
NEED SOME HELP WITH LENS SELECTION
Feb 22, 2013

In some of the post that I have commented on in this forum, I have mentioned several times that I have, along with the Sony A65, A Nikon D300s. I have been using NIkon's for a very long time, and 5 years with the D300 , and now the D300s. I am not quite ready to give up my Nikon as yet, as I have a lot of top end lenses for that camera.

Since getting the Sony A65 , my choices of lens have been all Minolta's legacy AF lens, and to be honest, have been quite impressed with them so far. My collection so far are:

1 Minolta 28mm 2.8

2. Minolta 50mm 1.7

3 Minolta 24-85mm

4 Minolta 100-300mm

5 Minolta 70-210 mm (beercan)

6 Sony 18-70mm

My question is: Until I decide which camera to keep ( or I may end up keeping both) as a walk around do all lens, I have been looking at the Sony 18-250 mm, Sigma 18-250mm or the Tamron 18-250mm. I have no experience with any of these lenses , so I am asking for serious advise on which of the 3 is the better lens, or another suggestion would help too.

My reason for this is to keep the Nikon D300s as my birding camera, and the Sony as my everyday camera., and if I did this, then instead of having so many Minolta lenses, I could just have one. I would keep the 28 & 50mm however.

Thanks for your serious input.

Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow