Epson Stylus Pro 3880 for occasional use?

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
paris1968
Regular MemberPosts: 338
Like?
Re: Epson Stylus Pro 3880 for occasional use?
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 22, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

paris1968 wrote:

I've had plenty of Epson printers that clogged, including my 7900. Some of them clogged so badly there was no hope and I had to throw them away, a 1270, a 1280, two R800s, and an R1800. OTOH, I've never had a Canon that clogged. The exception to all of this seems to be the 3880, which I have now had for over two years without a single clog, and sometimes it sits for months without use.

However Even a Canon will clog if you ignore them for 6 months. Environmental conditions, primerally Humidity seems to be a main factor.

I had a Canon pro 9000 Mark 1 that I bought about ten years ago, and after a few months of use, I packed it up with the ink carts in place and put it in the attic.  After six years in storage, I set the printer up, and when I turned it on it went through a cleaning /priming cycle.  After that the first print was perfect, no banding, no dropped colors, nothing.  This is consistant with my other Canons, an iPF 6200/6300 and a i9900.  I rarely use the i9900 any more, maybe once or twice a year, but there is never even a hint of a clog.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow