Starting out in Manual modes

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
joejack951
Senior MemberPosts: 2,456Gear list
Like?
Re: Starting out in Manual modes
In reply to SohoAperture, Feb 22, 2013

SohoAperture wrote:

I like the idea of using manual mode with auto-ISO and will give it a try this weekend however how do i adjust exposure compensation in this mode? Will i have to use the exposure lock each time?

Sorry if you've mentioned which camera you use but for the Nikon's I own at least (D300s and D3s), using manual mode with auto-ISO is just like any other program-exposure mode. You use exposure compensation just like you would with aperture or shutter priority. Even though you are in "manual" mode, the camera is still deciding on the proper exposure (let's not get into "exposure" with digital and complicate this matter) so exposure compensation has the same effect you'd expect. Another thing that will be immediately obvious is that if your auto-ISO configuration has a minimum shutter speed setting that will be ignored in favor of your set shutter speed.

joejack951's gear list:joejack951's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow