Wake up Canon!

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Howard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,362Gear list
Like?
Re: Wake up Canon!
In reply to Suave, Feb 22, 2013

Suave wrote:

Well, since according to your signature you do not own a latest Canon body, and have not tapped out its potential, perhaps you are not exactly in position to accuse them of lack of advancement. No?

Since when does "owning the latest Canon body" become a prerequisite of critiquing their product strategy?

I, in fact, never upgrade just for the sake of getting the latest gear. I did not upgrade from the 5DII to 5DIII because I think for my applications it is a marginal upgrade; I did not upgrade from the 50D to 60D because I think the 60D is in fact a lesser camera. These are my opinions of course, and yours may be different.

Now, what I am really interested in is a 7D caliber camera with high resolution sensor (e.g. 24MP) and good high ISO performance which will allow me to take advantage of my lenses and for my application (wildlife and bird photography with this camera mainly). The 7D would be an upgrade from my 50D, but since it is in the 4th year of its life, I am waiting (as many are) for its successor. But to date Canon does not have an 24MP+ APS-C sensor while Nikon has released a few already, hence my post.

Meanwhile what do I do? Use my existing equipment to take pictures of course (the following one was taken with my 50D last week)! But this is a gear forum, can we not comment on Canon's product strategy?

Red-tailed Hawk

-- hide signature --

Howard
cameras: 5DII, 50D, D60, Rebel 2000 (film)
lenses: 17-40 f/4 USM L, 24-105 f/4 USM L, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS USM L, 24 f/3.5 TSE L, 35 f/2, 50 f/1.4 USM, 100 f/2.8 IS USM Macro L, 300 f/2.8 IS USM II, 430 EX II, Kenko Pro 300 1.4x TC, EF 2x TC III
personal website: http://www.travelerathome.com
blog: http://travelerathome.wordpress.com

Howard's gear list:Howard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow