Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,119Gear list
Like?
TThorne and his Voigtlander 12mm
Feb 22, 2013

I had an invite from TThorne to try his Voigtlander 12mm lens, so we met up today in LA at the Disney Concert Hall.

We had a nice chin-wag about photography, cameras, Fuji, DPR, and all things X-Trans, then went out to shoot some images of this rather impressive building.

TThorne came well equipped with two X-Pro1 bodies, and his lenses - including the Voigtlander 12mm - used here at close quarters as TThorne snapped the Disney Concert Hall logo.

The building is just stunning from any angle - shot here with a nice sunburst at f/8 with teh Fuji 14mm Lens

The detail in the structure is most impressive - it catches the light and reflections creating a wonderful metallic texture.

Here's the Fuji 14mm compared with the Voigtlander 12mm.

You can see the difference in the field of view as you'd expect.

What we didn't expect was the difference in color rendition between the two lenses - the Voigtlander was noticeably warmer (with zero in-camera correction applied)

Shooting with the Voigtlander and Fuji adapter was easy, and at f/8 I never had to re-focus.

IQ looks excellent on both lenses - as TThorne noted, it's difficult to have two lenses with similar focal lengths, but he felt he wouldn't give either up over the other.

14mm Lens

At least we had some interesting clouds today, even though time of day made the lighting less than ideal.

I had a great time - it was nice to talk face to face with someone from DPR, and we discovered we had far more in common than perhaps forum members might have thought.

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow