OMD owners who regularly use Pany Lenses - is the water fine, safe to jump into the pool?

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robonrome
Senior MemberPosts: 1,312Gear list
Like?
OMD owners who regularly use Pany Lenses - is the water fine, safe to jump into the pool?
Feb 22, 2013

I've been tempted by the OMD since it's release (IQ, IBIS and look and feel), but so far have stuck with the Pany G series, (G3 and now G5). Apart from the Oly 60macro which is just amazing, my favourite lenses are all Pany 7-14, 14-45 and 20/1.7 and I've been put off by issues I've read concerning use of these lenses on the OMD ...greater flare, uncorrected CA out of camera etc. I know these sort of issues can easily be blown up to more than what they really are on forums. The CA issue is readily corrected in PS, but it's the sort of thing that would probably annoy me, but then I don't know how noticeable it is in most images.

So for those OMD owners out there using the Pany lenses above, does the OMD still shine as bright, do the 7-14, 14-45 and 20/1.7 still shine on the OMD? Thanks for sharing.

PS. no I'm not interested in the GH3. I have no interest whatsoever in video and prefer a smaller body and the IBIS would be nice for use with the Oly60.

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow