Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Redteg94
Senior MemberPosts: 1,546
Like?
Re: Really? Please explain further...
In reply to Jerry-astro, Feb 22, 2013

Jerry-astro wrote:

rwbaron wrote:

How are they falling behind with the exception of DR at low ISO which has questionable value for the majority of shooting applications?

So, can you explain why you feel that DR isn't so important at low iSOs? It's sure killing me when I try to use my 7D on a bright day under less than optimal lighting.

I think what he means is that 12 stops of DR is often enough; how often do you pull shadows on Canons and get limited by the current performance? I admit it happens in my shooting, but its relatively rare.

Also, I'd say that I shoot at ISO 100 25% of the time at most; usually it's somewhere between 400 and 3200 where the gap between the Canons and the Exmor sensors are less than 1/2 stop. Ymmv of course, but that's where I and a significant amount of shooters I know stand.

I must re-iterate: this all depends on each individual user's habits, but I'll take my 7D's 25 shot RAW buffer, 8fps and excellent Live View over the D7100's sensor advantage.

-- hide signature --

-Scott

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
YawnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow