My First Week with the X-E1 and the 18-55mm... Its a Love story!

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Randy Benter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,650Gear list
Like?
Re: My First Week with the X-E1 and the 18-55mm... Its a Love story!
In reply to DR5ZEE, Feb 22, 2013

DR5ZEE wrote:

...3. The RAW issue does exist during conversion in LR4. But it can be avoided by avoiding major adjustments...

my sister.

You captured a nice moment and your sister has a beautiful smile, but I agree with an earlier reply that this shot has too much NR. It looks ok as a thumbnail, but even a small 4x6 print would reveal that it is devoid of fine details.

It was taken in manual mode at 1/4s and ISO 3200, plus over 1EV added in PP. It must have been very very dark in this location. Did you have a filter on the lens? That slow shutter speed will usually cause some motion blur.

Then during PP you reduced clarity by -38 and maxed out NR at 100. Lightroom already has a tendancy to smear details, but this combination smeared away everything.

I previosly owned an EM5 and I think you made the right choice. Keep working with these files in LR or try some of the other raw conversion options. You will soon learn the settings that strike a balance between reducing noise and retaining details.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow