Camera bag for 7D?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
KWEnz
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera bag for 7D?
In reply to yycPhotog, Feb 22, 2013

I have a Lowepro Flipside 400AW backpack.  I find it very comfortable and easy to wear all day - in fact I did just that a number of times on a recent holiday in Vietnam and Hong Kong with my 7D and 4 lenses and other bits and pieces.  All-up weight was around 8 - 9 kg.

The Flipside 400AW meets the requirements to be allowed as a carry-on bag on airlines I travelled on. Another advantage is that access to the camera and lenses is through a panel against your back so the danger of equipment theft is eliminated.  By using the waist strap the backpack can be swung around to your front to give access to your gear. That system works very well and means you don't have to take the pack off to reach your gear.  The video on the Lowepro website shows how that is done.

You will have no trouble carrying your 100 - 400 lens in this pack attached to the camera, plus 2 or 3 other lenses and other bits of equipment.  One further advantage is that this backpack has a waterproof cover that keeps it dry in rain hence the "AW" - (All Weather) in the name.  Highly recommended!

-- hide signature --

Ken

KWEnz's gear list:KWEnz's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow