Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Question for those in countries other than the USA
Feb 22, 2013

I am just curious.  Does the media in the country you live in sensationalize crime as much as the media does here in the USA?

What I mean by this, is this.

It appears to me, the media seeks out these high profile crime stories and does whatever they can to sensationalize the event, almost as if trying to make it some large story.  I get the feeling some here in the United States commit crimes just to see themselves on TV, and glamorized in the media.

So, I am wondering if some of you feel your countries media does the same thing.

Here is my point.  We all know that 20 year old Adam Lanza committed the NewTown, Connecticut mass school shooting.  But, my bet is that not one of you know the name of just ONE victim of this horrendous crime without looking them up.  That is what I am talking about.  The media talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks about the criminal all the time.  They analyze his mental well being, they want to know about his family, his lifestyle, his grades, his facebook friends, etc, etc.  I for one am sick of that.

As much as I hate the gun violence that is ongoing in this country right now, I disrespect the media coverages just as much.  How many years did we have to hear about Osama Bin Laden, yet I bet no one can name one victim of those 9-11 attacks.  Sickening!

So, is your media the same way?

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow