Selling my Pentax-67 M*400mm/4 and switching to Canon ?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,543Gear list
Like?
Selling my Pentax-67 M*400mm/4 and switching to Canon ?
Feb 21, 2013

Well, since last autumn i've been waiting to see what kind of long lenses Pentax would bring. Since i don't have the budget the buy a 3000 to 7000$ lens, i was looking for a more budget lens but with very good IQ with AF.

My Pentax-67 M*400mm/4 is a great lens but it's big, heavy and no AF, so getting fast action with wildlife is not easy and i'm always using it at f/5.6-8 anyway. Since i want to get more of my wildlife photos in my Stock agency and want to be competitive i need a lens with fast AF and very good IQ.

Unfortunately there isn't a 400mm lens actually for Pentax (the FA400mm/5.6 is hard to find and pricey). So i can buy a Canon 400mm/5.6 L and a Canon DSLR for less or the same price as the FA 400mm/5.6. I'm also looking now for my future needs in long lenses and found that Canon have the best selection of Telephoto prime and zoom lenses with good AF.

I know that Nikon AF is better but they don't have a 400mm/5.6 available.  I would keep all my Pentax equipment because i really like the lenses i have and cameras.

It's sad, but if i want to really push to obtain better action shots i think it's the way to go at this moment.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow