Why does Canon and Nikon dominate?

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robert P Miller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,956
Like?
Re: Why does Canon and Nikon dominate?
In reply to Midwest, Feb 21, 2013

Thanks. The color was known as "Lagoon Aqua". It is one of my favorite shades from the era. I redid the  upholstery  from black into white. The combination was so cool.  I've even upgraded the brakes to discs which were not available to them throughout their run. The later ones handled and stopped better, but for me the early ones embodied the time and design I love.

They modified the swing axle in 1964 making it not tuck in at the polar moment that caused so much controversy. Radial tires which came  much later also make them  and all cars more enjoyable and easier to drive. They had power and made people who were unaccustomed to oversteer take them to their limits.  Oversteer is quite common now in the Japanese "Ricer" crowd. They call it drifting.  I used to go up onramps almost sideways  and controlled it every bit. I could also drive normally, but the car is special, so I loved taking it to its extremes, especially the '67 with the Pirelli tires.

-- hide signature --

Best, Robert hltp://www.pbase.com/harpozep/image/14832923/small.jpg

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow