d7100 seems awesome, maybe a better d800 than the d800?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,613Gear list
Like?
d7100 seems awesome, maybe a better d800 than the d800?
Feb 21, 2013

As a DX camera, the d7100 flat out trounces the d800 in every category that I can think of, ATM.  If this sensor is their best DX sensor yet, then it will also be an awesome low ISO camera, likely to be every bit as good as the d800 sensor, at 1/3 the price.   woof...  That's just incredible.

I'm going to be watching the reviews and especially on the sensor, with great interest.  I may need to unload my d800 before the prices fall through the floor.

This is a good day to be a Nikon user.  Of course, there's still much speculation on a future d400. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do a d400, since the d7100 isn't quite up to the d300 standards for an action/sports camera.  But, for now at least, we've finally learned that Nikon hasn't abandoned the upper level DX market segment, unlike the predictions of the DPR pundits.

There's still much to learn about the new camera, but it would certainly appear that Nikon has hit another home run.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow