Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
PerL
Forum ProPosts: 12,520
Like?
Re: Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?
In reply to Takagi, Feb 21, 2013

Takagi wrote:

"Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?"

Because they still have not understood that progress has moved beyond those monstrosities or because they honestly like the extra size and weight. To those who actually like carrying a lot of weight and a big hefty camera I would suggest getting a dumbbell to carry around and attach a weight to their camera via the tripod attachment. Why anyone likes extra weight is incomprehensible to me, but I must assume posters in this thread who say they do are being honest.

Seriously, yesterday I witnessed a family taking pictures of their toddler sitting at a restaurant table. The father had an enormous APS-C sensor DSLR and he was trying to stick this into the toddlers face. All he did was scare the toddler. He fired off umpteen shots but I doubt that any of them were any good. Later I saw the mother using a compact camera and the difference in terms of rapport between photographer and subject and how much more the toddler responded by smiling and interacting with the photographer was remarkable. I think she got some nice pics...

Why was he carrying a huge DSLR? Probably because he thinks it makes him look cool. Maybe he also likes the extra weight...

Maybe we old DLSR owners just like the best instrument for taking good photos?
I already have an iPhone and a P&S when the results doesnt matter. I dont need a mirrorless for that.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow