ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Harry Zee
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
BH K30 Bundle
Feb 21, 2013

I would appreciate any reasonable suggestions or advice with the following:

B&H have a current K30 bundle (18-50mm lens) for $619.00 and the Sigma 18-250 discounted to $399.00. This would be $1018.00 (free shipping) total. It appears to be a very good "deal".

The big "however" for me is less the affordability than the justification of jumping to the $1000.00 + range for a camera that I would not be using rigorously year round.

Over the years I have moved from a Nikon 6006 to an 8008 and then to a Sony H2 (my favorite digital too date!) and then to a Fuji HS10 which I have been less than pleased with.

My "needs" are getting back to something with a large, bright, optical viewfinder (or its evf equivalent), the ability to take high speed, non-flash, low noise photos (specifically inside museums, cathedrals, churches, etc. when travelling), shooting fast action airshow shots, reasonable telephoto distance, and decent macro capability for floral shots.  Would prefer the use of a decent, (not perfect in all respects) reasonably priced zoom lens that is not overtly soft at the ends and is acceptably fast.

The K30/Sigma combo appears to fill that bill.I would love to find a good superzoom for under $750.00 that fills all the above "criteria" but it simply does not exist. Had great hopes for the Fuji XS-1 but it didn't make the grade.

If I finally make the leap to a dSLR is this about as reasonable a deal as I can expect for a safe purchase of non-gray equipment or are there other alternatives that I have somehow overlooked?

Though I would prefer a dedicated "movie" button and a (at least) tiltable lcd, I could live without both.

Thanks in advance for any assist with my current dilemma!

-- hide signature --

Harry Zee

ANSWER:
FujiFilm FinePix HS10 (FinePix HS11) Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow