How confident are you in your u4/3 kit?

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,595Gear list
Like?
Re: How confident are you in your u4/3 kit?
In reply to Uncle Frank, Feb 21, 2013

Uncle Frank wrote:

My wife and I are headed to Newport Beach this Sunday for a 7 day visit with my son's family, and it's the first time I don't feel an urge to lug the big rig (d700 + fast glass). With my recent buys and trades, I feel like I finally have a complete but lightweight u4/3 kit. I've got a Roki 7.5mm fisheye for reality bending wide angle, two fast midrange primes, a tele-zoom with lots of reach, and a good flash. The weak link is the dated 12MP sensor in my beautiful Oly e-p3, but I'll try to work around it by capping iso at 800.

What's your mirrorless kit, and how confident are you in it?

Capping the ISO like that is an easy thing to do in just about any lighting situation as long as you've got the fast glass to cover yourself when light levels drop. Last year in Paris I was just fine with the dated 12MP sensor of the E-P3 down in the existing murk of the Catacombs and often very low lit chateaus because I was using the 12mm f2, 25mm f1.4 and 45mm f1.8. As long as you have the glass to cover yourself in any situation you might be shooting in, with the exception of high-speed sports, the Micro Four-Thirds system should be able to handle it.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow