ConsumerReports: GH3 outscores all DSLRs in test

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
pannumon
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Re: ConsumerReports: GH3 outscores all DSLRs in test
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Feb 21, 2013

mpgxsvcd wrote:

I think that is a fairly terrible recommendation from Consumer Reports. Yes the GH3 is a very full featured camera. However, it is not for the beginner user or someone buying their first interchangeable lens camera.

I have a hard enough time trying to explain the basic features of these cameras to people with my videos. Some of the GH3 features like wireless, HDR, RAW image Stacking, Video resolutions and bit rates, and Auto focus settings are nearly impossible to explain to someone who is not technically savvy.

Well, there are people who have decided to buy a DSLR(-like) camera in the first place, even if they should not. In that sense, the review makes sense. It's also targeted to people, who don't really know what they want. Those who know more about photography will not rely on this one review, but gather information about cameras from multiple sources. And actually I think this review adds a valuable perspective to the other reviews available.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow