Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HDcamfan
Regular MemberPosts: 390
Like?
Should I buy the x100s?
Feb 21, 2013

Obviously it is a personal decision but I seem to be in the midst of a big camera buy/sell type thing and always appreciate some additional input.

Briefly I was in the m43 camp and loved the quality of my gf2 with 20mm and then moved to epm-2 etc which I did not love as much. However the size was also bothersome for me (with anything other than 20mm) and I wanted something smaller.

So I got the Sony rx100 which as a pocket cam is great, for the pocket but there is little fun in using it. I was tempted by the x20, really tempted but something keeps telling me to look at the x100s.

I use it for mainly family pics but I love scenic portraits and think I could live with the fixed lens and it might help me improve my photography (if I work at it). Looked at x100 but slower autofocus is the deal breaker for me, which is a shame as its half the price!

So 2 points I think about when looking at x100s. No ibis, which I am assured that for images is not an issue but I imagine for video it will be a problem?

Also as I love people shots and so what's the deal with no face detection?

Realistically I probably shouldn't be buying such an expensive camera at my level but what the hell. The image quality does look great (well x100 does) and so let me know what you all think.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow