Let's guess on DPreview rating on RX1

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
chiumeister
Contributing MemberPosts: 615Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's guess on DPreview rating on RX1
In reply to becasabot, Feb 21, 2013

Good points becasabot,

It is nice to see the Gold stamp in the end.  DP also had no issues with the circular blades or dirty sensor talk.  Samples from the RX1 look pretty much like those from the 5DM3, A99, D800/E and other full frames models.

becasabot wrote:

chiumeister wrote:

i got the 79 right but silver wrong.

chiumeister wrote:

Now that DXOMark has a rating on the RX1. Maybe we will have one from DPreview soon.

Anyone venture to estimate what the number maybe? I am thinking 79 and a silver.

Kudos !

However if A99 gets an 84, RX1 should deserve an 81 at least.

For me, considering RX1's form factor makes RX1 a winner for me and s much better than A99

Also those general ratings do not really mean much unless you compare cameras competing directly with each other and even this may not mean much.

I think a review should be a review and not a verdict. It should not rate the camera with number or stars and it should not have a concusions section. It should state its findings with details and the reader would be wise enough to rate the camera and draw his own conclusions based on his own preferences.

chiumeister's gear list:chiumeister's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D X Fujifilm X-Pro1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow