Istanbul Street Candids

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
greg57
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
Re: Istanbul Street Candids
In reply to slarti bartfast, Feb 21, 2013

Thank you very much slarti for the detailed comment. Well, you know, quite surprisingly I've undigged "sideway threat" quite recently - actually while going through all my street candids in my Lightroom library searching for possible good pictures I'd have missed - and I'm so thankful I had tagged it properly otherwise it would probably have sunk into oblivion.

Already in Flickr I've been surprised to see that it was striking a chord - more than the other ones. Pictures may be like songs, they have a life on their own, independant from their creator's will and preferences.

I'm happy you liked the series. It took me a lot of work o do it, I will surely continue, and who knows one day...

slarti bartfast wrote:

Hi greg57

The images titled: Presence, Unfair, Dreamy, Hair in the wind and Sideway threat are my favourites from the first 2 pages on your blog.

In fact sideway threat looks right out the book of one of the greats. I bet your pulse quickened when you saw that coming?...and if she was on the other side of a busy street you'd risk running through moving traffic to get an opportunity to get something. Maybe her features are common for that part of the world but from this side of the pond let me say; she looks very interesting and you nailed it.

The ones after these fall off the edge in comparison (imo), and i suspect you know that. Your best is as-good-as-it-gets and the series a knockout.

In regards to PP I think you got the balance right in 'dreamy' but were heavy handed in peter pan. I accept PP helps with the facade and keeps the viewers perceptions just where we want it, and what i'm saying here is; when it doesn't work the strings holding up that beautiful lie can be seen.

The elements that appear present in peter pan are great but it feels like you were caught out in the wrong position as things unfolded or, things just never fell into place or, it might just be the crop i don't like. If you like it as it is please ignore my little rant.

Love your work.

slarti

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow