Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LSHorwitz1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,248Gear list
Like?
WX300 launched as world's smallest 20x zoom camera
Feb 21, 2013

This is a remarkable achievement based on what I am reading on the Sony UK site where the camera dimensions are published.

This new superzoom is actually SMALLER than the Canon S100 I used to carry in my top shirt pocket yet it has the same Sony G 25-500mm lens inside.

The fact that it offers faster focusing than the HX20 is also amazing considering how incredibly fast the HX20 focuses. And the improved stabilization is yet another plus.

I'm in for one of these babies as soon as it hits the U.S.

See:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-w-series/dsc-wx300#/technical-specifications

Larry

P.S. No doubt the experts here will once again begin the sad refrain and sobbing that the camera has no RAW, smears detail, can't brew their coffee, and takes up too much space in their shirt pocket. Let me be the first to say that this camera is unlikely to also have "disappointing image quality", "sluggish performance" and all the other specious claims and B.S. notions which surround these low cost superzoom point and shoot models.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow