PS CS4 - change in upgrade policy

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
nycfonephreak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,037Gear list
Like?
Re: PS CS4 - change in upgrade policy
In reply to arry_girl, Feb 21, 2013

arry_girl wrote:

Thankfully, my NAPP discount also helped.

Ouch! I hadn't thought about trying my NAPP discount. But I may not have been able to. I purchased by phone direct from Adobe because I had migrated from Windows to Mac and wanted to to a cross-platform upgrade from Win CS4 to Mac CS6 and needed to confirm that I was getting the right version and that I'd be able to register the new version on Mac

I am also concerned that eventually we will all be forced to the cloud version. My issue what that is if I reach a point where I can no longer afford to pay the monthly fee, I'll be left with nothing that I can use - after spending hundreds of dollars in monthly fees whereas with purchased software I would at least have the most recent version I purchased and could continue to use that for as long as it's supported by my hardware and OS - and I realize this would likely be longer on the Win platform than Mac. But I'm committed to the migration to Mac.

How I've dealt with these upgrades in the past... I have a license for Photoshop as well as a license for the Web & Design Premium CS suite. I would upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop every year (since I use that daily). I would upgrade to the latest suite every 2 or 3 years (can't remember exactly) when the upgrade period was about to expire since I use the other titles in the suite far less frequently and so don't always need or want the very latest - but want to always have the ability to upgrade at the discount price so those other titles don't get TOO outdated. I'm going to need to rethink this going forward.

nycfonephreak's gear list:nycfonephreak's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow